Monday, December 13, 2010

baby daughter and a burrito baby..

Today was a jittery and nervous and exciting day. If you have read the baby's blog then you already know why.
I'm officially having a daughter.
I knew all along that she was gonna be a girl. Everyone kept telling me she was actually a boy but i knew better. Some of it was that I was preparing myself so I wouldn't feel disappointed that I wasn't having a boy because when I set my mind to something if anything else happens that isn't what I had in mind I do get disappointed. That was the last feeling I wanted to have when it comes to my child.
I was so happy to call my mom since its been a dream of hers to have a daughter so a granddaughter is probably the next best thing. She needed some good news and I was glad to give her some.
Suzy's mom came with us to the appointment and it was hilarious listening to her ask questions, the technition was amused by her too, like her question of " so are those boy kidney's or girl kidney's?" while measurements were being taken.
I'm nervous for all I am going to be in for in the next 18 years or so. I gotta practice being the over-protective father who intimidates all the boyfriends. Worrying about her having a bad body image. Cruel girls treating her bad and all those other things that are so hard to protect her from.
I am going to try my damnedest to teach her respect and work ethic and politeness. The last thing I want is for her to be a spoiled brat. It was pointed out to me that atleast we get to avoid the whole circumcision decision.
I hope against hope that she picks up on my geekiness, love of music and movies and comic books. It would be pretty rad.
So yeah, how about that snowstorm. I didn't get have to go to work because of it, that was nice but other than that there isn't much else to say about it.
Not looking forward to working tomorrow in the super cold weather for 8 hours.

I busted out Rock Band today before the Dr. apt. to clear my mind and avoid the nervousness. Well I totally forgot just how bad of a singer I really am. I still love to sing piss-poorly but its gotta be torture for anyone to listen to, especially sober hahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment