Friday, July 15, 2011

Low Wages= high stress

Money money money...
Its weighing heavy on my mind.
My job is in flux. I'm thinking about going down stepping down as an assistant manager and I found out today that instead of stepping into a shift leader position, they will only let me be a plain minimum wage brand rep. No responsibility besides showing up for work but a dollar and change less an hour. Probably less hours as well.
I wouldn't think about it but Suzy has an option to get a 40 hour position at her job which makes considerably more money than me. Suzy and I have been trying to fit our work schedules around each others since we don't have the money (even with the cash we are making now) to hire a permanent babysitter and my job has been screwing with my schedule so much plus now we are down a manager so I've got extra hours that clash with Suzy's. Luckily, Suzy's mom and mine have helped out when possible but it still is getting pretty hard.
So that is why I've been toying with the idea of stepping down.
Its a "damned if you do and damned if you don't" situation.
I've been looking for a bartending job so I might have a chance at getting hours that better fit our schedules. As I can't really see many other jobs that start around 6 or 6:30pm besides working at a bar. It was a fun gig when I did it briefly last summer.
I just don't have a clue as to what I should do. I'm just so fucking sick of jobs dicking me around but what would I expect seeing as I'm working paycheck to paycheck type jobs.
So it goes...

Another thing is I'm missing Minneapolis. I just miss being within walking distance to so many places and friends. I miss biking places instead of driving.
I know that if I were to ever move back it wouldn't be quite as carefree and constant fun times like my last stay in the Mini Apple but I would still like to be there. Hopefully in the somewhat near future we'll get to make it back up there and most likely permanently. I'd give up warm weather for good friends that Lucia can grow up around.

No comments:

Post a Comment